Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Thoughts--

There is a book entitled "Men are Like Waffles, Women are Like Spaghetti". How true this is.... I think about that title (I've never even read the book) often and you know it's really the way it is. Tony has the ability to think about ONE thing and one thing only at a time. He can't even consider life any other way. He also has the "gift" of an "empty box" if he wants to go there in his mind. I do not have an empty box available in my mind. My mind really is like a bowl of spaghetti. My latest bowl of spaghetti is so all-over-the-place that I felt the need to write it down. So...... here it goes:

*I really want that teaching job for next year. I feel like God wants me there.
*I have used "too" and "they're" incorrectly in the last week. Where the heck did THAT come from? I have made A's in grammar all of my life and right when I want to get a second grade teaching job I goof up--- and in front of "everybody" on Facebook.
*Our two wingback chairs have stuffing coming out of the arms. They really need to be reupholstered.
*I HATE asking Tony for money.
*God has no doubt placed us back at GBC, but I really, REALLY miss contemporary worship. I would really rather be with Pastor Sam, but I'm not sure God will allow us to go.
*Why do I keep losing things?
*Katie is a freshman now? Good grief.
*Hayes is finally getting taller. I hope his weight continues to come down.
*I really want a covered section on our back patio. I think it's completely blank back there with nothing on it.
*The tile in our kitchen is exactly the same white 4" square tile that's in our bathroom. Go figure.
*Hayes threw a sticky hand up in the school room. There will probably be a permanent mark up there. Sticky hands are cool.... ;0)
*Why do I bite my fingernails?
*I want to sit and read, read, read.... and study, study, study the Word of God. I have such a desire to learn and know more Truth.
*I really wish LOST had not ended so politically correct. They were setting themselves up to be another "Narnia" type of show.
*I'm still broken for Karen and the girls in their loss of Cale. My heart still hurts....
*Will I desire food and let it win for the rest of my life? Will I always be a size 14/16?
*I love Facebook--- Don't know what I did before without it.
*I wish Chad and I were closer. I miss him.
*I wish I we lived closer to Mama and Daddy.
*I have to get about a million more yards of ribbon cut for VBS in the next couple of days. Not sure that craft is going to come together right--- Those thumb tacks are going to be all over the church. I hope nobody steps on one.
*Hayes will really miss Maurice this summer.
*I can't believe our preacher said "old Negra spiritual" the other day at church.
*I hope GBC doesn't completely fall apart before they get a new pastor. Good grief.... we REALLY need a contemporary service to pull some new people (and younger families) into the church. All the old people who are there who only want the Baptist way are going to let the church die.
*I really want to paint more.
*If I could have an old house I think I could just nest and nest forever. I've found that I'm happiest when I'm nesting.
*Katie really wants to go spend time at Mama's house. I want her to go.
*I can't make decisions. It's like my brain has a block-- I really wish I knew how to remove it. I would really like some clarity in my mind..... Most of the time I'm okay, but I seem to be in a fog right now.....
*Why do I feel like everything is surely my fault? And I really do believe it really is my fault?


So, this is all going on in my mind right now.... All at one time. It's "on" continuously.

I AM a bowl of spaghetti. ;0)

1 comment:

  1. Wow..... it's several hours later and as I'm reviewing what I wrote this morning it sounds like I'm sad. I'm not really sad. These were just things on my heart--- all true, but I'm "good" now. I got to paint today and listen to praise music... pray some.... read some.... and I'm good to go again! :0)

    ReplyDelete